If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it." ~Lucille Ball







Monday, August 16, 2010

Too Funny Not to Share!

So, here I am!  My name in Melissa and for the past 7 years I have had the great pleasure of being a preschool dance teacher.  Now this is not the only age that I teach, but the majority of my time teaching is spent with children under 5 years old.  (Which does have some influence on my title, aside from the fact that I myself am only 5 feet tall, and therefore am a tiny dancer as well!)  I recently bought out my business partner and became the sole owner of my business, a mobile dance company for children.  So although I am a teacher, I am also the boss, amongst other things.  Let's just say my life is VERY busy, with all sorts of fun adventures which I plan to share with all of you through this very new and exciting Blog 'O Mine!  Anyhow, it occurred to me recently that I have some really funny stories to share, and what better way to do so.   For example...


About 2 weeks ago, I was subbing a class for one of my teachers.  Now these children are not my usual students, as I was subbing, however they had had me as a teacher once or twice during the year.  They recognized me but of course, as all children do, had some questions.  One child in particular was very straight forward about her curiosity... The most basic question came first, "Do you have a daughter?", to which I responded "No." ( I do not have any kids, but as many children assume, I am just like their mom and I have children too!) The next questions was a bit more specific, "Do you have a son?" to which I replied, "No, I do not have any kids", very calmly, (I get this question a lot.)  So this very inquisitive child thought about my response for a slight moment before responding, "So, your not married??"  Now please put yourself into my place for the moment.   I am dancing with them as this conversation is taking place at a very Christian preschool.  So the natural order of things for a child who attends Christian preschool, is that you grow up, get married, and then you have kids!  I responded to her very calmly again, "No, I'm not married."  So naturally her next question would be this..."How come no one wants to marry you yet?!"


BLAAAAHAAAHAAAAA!!!!!


I literally laughed out loud at this and then very honestly responded, "That's a very good question, and I don't really know!"  


Now later during the same class, the same child explained her recent experience at our local county fair.  I had no idea what I was setting myself up for when I asked my girls if they had seen the piggy's! (We were about to do a Piggy Dance, and a little creative imagery goes a long way, however I had NO Clue the imagery I was about to get.)  My little darling dancer told me about how she went to the fair and saw the pigs.... and this is what she continued to say, "Then, the Momma pig farted, and a Baby pig came out of her Butt!"  silent pause Then BLAAAAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!!!


Even though it was probably not appropriate for me to laugh at her very detailed story I just could not help it.  This was by far one of the funniest classes that I have taught in a long time.  I decided very shortly after this class that it was just too funny not to share.  I think I can safely assume that everyone can get a good laugh from my very witty and curious Tiny Dancer!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my bum...you are so clever shmever!! Yay for blogging!!! Love your designs!!

    ReplyDelete