If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it." ~Lucille Ball







Saturday, August 21, 2010

Worlds Worst Bowler.... No really

So, it's Thursday night, there's not much goin' on and my boyfriend and I decide that it might be fun to go bowling!! There's a local bowling alley that has very inexpensive games after 9 pm, and a great deal on shoes as well.  Since were poor as most couples my age are, this will be the perfect way to have to fun without breaking the bank.  So to the bowing alley we go, along with his roommate and another friend.

Now, I bowl probably once a year, if that.  So, you would expect that I would be a bit rusty right?  Well, lets just say that I was becoming extremely good at knocking only 1 pin down at a time.   What?? Consistency is the key to results right?  If the object of the game was to only hit one pin at a time without touching any other pins, I'm sure I would be champion of the world (That was for you chum).  So my first game I ended with a final score of.... wait for it..... 57!!!!! Oh ya babe, I was on FIRE!!

The second game I improved by a whopping 30 points, but still came in last, as I expected.  I really don't care if I'm good or not as long as I'm having fun.  So we went home and I felt pretty good about my performance.

The next morning, I awoke to the most excruciating pain in my neck it was unreal!!  (I have been having some neck and shoulder issues for a little while.)  But HOLY CRAP, this was bad!! Could it be, that I actually re-injured my neck while BOWLING??? Are you kidding me?? This sucks!!  Not only was I beyond bad, but I also got hurt!  The crappy thing about this, besides the constant pain, is that, as you might remember, I teach DANCE for a Living!!  I don't know if you have even tried, but it can be extremely difficult to get your groove on when you can't look to the right (it's also tricky to drive, in case you were wondering).  Now on most Friday's this would not pose to much of a problem, since i usually just work in the office.  However, this Friday I happened to have auditions for my competition team! Ughh... I have to dance.  I'm pretty sure I resembled some sort of awkward bird while I was demonstrating my routine to my girls. I ended up having one of the other teachers do a routine for me, since I could barely move my head and shoulder.  What a nightmare....

So my pain continued throughout the day and night.  A few motrin go a long way though and I'm hoping that a weekend of stillness will help my injury to heal.  I might also reconsider the bowling league I was going to join... JK!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna write to the Bowlers of America League (not sure if that even exists) and ask them if they can change the rules so we can start a competitive league of 1 pin knocking at at time. HaHa!!

    ReplyDelete