If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it." ~Lucille Ball







Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day Off

What a peculiar title.... I'm not really even sure if I comprehend what the meaning of those two words together actually is.  Day (I know this one...) Off (now this one I have trouble with, what exactly does one do to be "off"?)  I don't really even know how to shut off my brain at the end of One day.  It's a problem.

Now please do not get me wrong, I am not a workaholic who never leaves her office and neglects her family, friends and pets, then ends up being portrayed in a movie that mimics a Christmas Carol, getting a glimpse of her "life" the way it could be...... no, no, no.  I'm just EXTREMELY busy!  With what you might ask?  Well, just about everything under the sun.  It's my own damn fault, I refuse to be board and consistently bite off more than I can chew, or even fit in my mouth for that matter.  (Have you ever played Chubby Bunny?? Ya that's me ALL the time!)  

I'm learning to run a business on my own (which is new, I've had a business partner for the past 3 years), I manage 9 other girls,  and still teach my own classes. I teach extra classes on the side and also work with a competition team.   I'm pretty much always in a wedding (which requires lots of outings).  I'm in a new relationship, (which is going fantastic btw).  I have a hobby that books up entire weekends at a time (I drive a racecar, no big deal).  I refuse to stay home on the weekends when I could be on a boat somewhere (anywhere).  I have close friends who I make an effort to see on a semi regular basis, I have a huge family with lots of birthdays and events that always seem to call for celebrating (can you say midnight margaritas?), and I feel the need to always try and fit it all in all the time!!

It's exhausting, it even makes me tired to write it.  So last weekend, I decided that instead of heading out to the drag races with my family, boyfriend, and friends, I would make the responsible decision and stay home and work.  I did have a lot to get done, and though I probably could have taken some of it with me, I chose to relax a bit and work leisurely on the couch!  It was great.  I finished everything I needed to do and even fit in 3 movies that I had not seen.  Great Friday night and Saturday morning!  

So Monday rolls around and I'm not feelin so hot.  I immediately associated this with, my being at the fair the night before, you know,  cigarette smoke, a glass of wine or two, or three... and not much sleep.  But the cough I had developed was NOT from a hang over, as I was trying to convince myself.  On Tuesday I still did not feel well and it was becoming very apparent through the day that this was not getting better, but instead getting worse, much worse and at a very fast pace!!  3:00 I was crappy, 3:45 I was really crappy, 4:10 I almost collapsed while teaching my last class, and at 5:15 I was in bed for the night with a fever, and the whole 9 yards.   You've got to be kidding me!! I do NOT have time for this.

I have not been this sick in years, in fact I do not even recall the last time that I was this sick.  I tried to put my finger on it and then it hit me.  I was being punished for taking a day off!!  My body finally had a moment to rest and in that brief span of time, the evil "back to school" germs found their way in and punished me!  Had I not rested at all, I believe this never would have happened.  So that's it, I'm not allowed to ever be still or lazy because if I do, I will be punished!  So much for a day off!!  Oh well, I don't have time for that anyways!




1 comment: